Flea Control Service Near Me
Fleas are small wingless creature found as external parasites on the skin of some animals. They are about 2.5 to 3 mm in length, and their bodies are flattened allowing them to move easily within the furs of their host in any chosen direction.
They have a very strong hind legs which is capable of propelling very high during jumps. The legs are made up of main muscles which propel them to a height 50 times their body length (about 18cm vertically and 33cm horizontally) making one of the best jumping animals in the world. They don’t have eyes. They have a very strong mouth part which they use to pierce the host skin and suck the blood.
Fleas pass through four life cycles: eggs, larvae, pupa and adult flea. So now let us take you through some tips that can help you Identify fleas in your home
- When you start noticing your pets scratching, take your time to check them thoroughly. If you have dogs check their hind side as this is the most commonly affected area and for cats check their head and neck. It can also be all over their body, so just make sure no part is left out.
- When you start seeing them jumping all over the house, then you have to check the clothing, carpets and chairs for the fleas keeping in mind their physiology (their physical appearance that is) which is 2.5-3mm in length, flat bodies and usually brown.
Once you have confirmed the presence of fleas in your home, here are some tips on how to control fleas.
- Vacuuming: This is one of the best and most effective flea control methods. It enables you to get the eggs, larvae, pupa and adult flea from every nook and cranny of the house. Brushing baking powder on the carpet before vacuuming also adds to its efficiency. But always remember to empty the vacuum cleaner immediately after cleaning.
- Flea repellent plants are also a great way of getting right of light infestation plus it is beautifying the environment.
Getting rid of fleas can be hard, and you may need professional help for complete eradication and maintenance of a flea-free environment. Here are some tips for you on how to get the best flea control services near you
- Search for a credible company near you that is well known. Ask around especially those who have pets.
- Get a company close to you in case of monthly inspection, this will reduce cost.
Flea infestation can cause a great deal of discomfort so get the help you need with a local pest exterminator.