Natural Spider Control
Spiders are among the many insects most of us do not want to lurk in our Winston-Salem, NC homes; even though some of the bugs do not harm us. There are several natural remedies that we can use to get rid of spiders from our homes.
Peppermint essential oil
Spiders hate minty aroma, even though some humans enjoy it. Peppermint essential oil acts as a natural insecticide that drives spiders and other insects such as mosquitoes, fleas, as well as mice. You can use peppermint essential oil by smudging some cotton balls, and then place the peppermint-smeared cotton balls around your house such as cabinets, cracks, crevices, under the sink, etc. replace the cotton balls with fresh ones once a week. This method is only valid if you use 100% pure peppermint essential oil.
Spiders hate the scents of citrus that is why using orange peels to get rid of them is safe and effective. You can also use the skins of grapefruits, and lemons, but it is easier to get the peels of orange than the other citrus fruits.
Steps on how to use orange peels
- Cut the peel off your orange, and then slice the peel into a quarter-inch piece.
- Put the pieces into a container that can resist boiling water, and pour one cup of boiling water over half of the chunks.
- Leave the peels to soak overnight
- Strain the chunks in the morning, and then add a quarter-cup of witch hazel to the water.
- Add the mixture to a spray bottle and shake well
- Mash the other half of pieces of orange peel using a pestle to release the scent
- Sprinkle them in your cabinets, under the sink and other areas where you can find their webs or spiders.
The smell of cedar is a repellent; you can use cedars as a preventive measure against spider infestation. Add some cedar mulch around the vicinity of your home; the smell will stop them from coming to the house. However, ensure you get top-quality cedars if you want a fast result.
Slice up some onions and toss them in a bowl of water, then place the container where spiders are entering your house to prevent them from entering your home.
Clean Your Home frequently
The best solution to get rid of pests in your home is to take sanitation seriously. Cleanliness is an essential factor in keeping those annoying bugs out including spiders. Vacuuming, dusting, washing, and sweeping your home on a regular basis prevent insects from turning your home to their own. Pay close attention to places where there are food spills and crumbs, empty the trash regularly and ensure they are tightly sealed.
Get a local pest exterminator
The services of a local pest control operator cannot be overstated; if you just move into formerly inhabited place, it is wise to call the services of pest exterminator to get rid of bugs or check if there possibilities of pest invasion.