Dealing with a pest problem is frustrating, and it is important to call upon a professional pest control company to get rid of your infestation as quickly as possible. Pests are not only invasive, but they also have the potential to carry disease that are harmful, and sometimes even deadly, to humans.
Different pests can carry various diseases, and it is important to know what to look out for when you are dealing with a certain type of infestation.
- Rats. Rats are known to carry a wide range of diseases, including the Bubonic plague, Rat-Bite Fever, Salmonellosis, Murine Typhus and Wells Disease.
- Mice. Mice have been known to spread Rickettsial Pox, Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis, Leptospirosis and Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome.
- Ticks. These hard-to-spot insects can carry and spread Lyme Disease, Babesiosis and Ehrlichiosis or Anaplasmosis.
- Mosquitoes. From Eastern Encephalitis, to Eastern Seacoast, to West Nile Virus, to malaria, mosquitoes are known for carrying harmful diseases.
- Flies. Flies are a major transmitter of diseases. They have been known to carry Hepatitis, E.Coli, tapeworm, staph and salmonella.
- Fleas. Fleas can carry diseases that affect humans, including Murine typhus and Bubonic plague, along with filarial worms or heartworms that affect dogs and cats.
Schedule an Appointment with Go-Forth Pest Control to Get Rid of Pests in Your Property
Don’t wait until it’s too late, and your home or business has become infested with pests – contact Go-Forth Pest Control today at (336) 841-6111. We exterminate a wide array of insects and rodents in Greensboro and the surrounding Triad area, and we look forward to making your property pest — and disease — free.
Want to schedule an appointment for a free pest inspection or ask specific questions regarding diseases that certain pests carry? Our Greensboro pest technicians are here to help!