IS PEST CONTROL IMPORTANT?
Pests are one of mankind’s most notorious enemies in the household, establishment, garden, lawn, and yard. In huge numbers, pest infestations can cause extensive damage to crops and belongings. The worst part is, they cause some of the deadliest illnesses known to mankind. Many people are still hesitant to upgrade their methods for a more effective pest prevention strategy. If you’re one of them, this article will prove how much you need to learn pest management strategies. Here are the most common nuisances caused by pests to mankind.
Pests Carry Diseases
Diseases can be transmitted from an infected pest to a human. The transference of the illness could be direct or indirect. Direct transmission occurs when the insect itself is the carrier of the disease-causing pathogen. An example is a mosquito. Indirect transmission, on the other hand, occurs when the cause of the illness is the bacteria that dwell on the bodies of pests. An example of insects that cause indirect transmission is the cockroach.
Some pests such as the mouse and rat can transmit illnesses both ways. Seeing that pests pose a threat to your health, it’s important to learn how to eliminate them. Here are the most notorious pests that bring illnesses to humans and animals.
Mosquitoes are carriers of the most dangerous illnesses on the planet such as Dengue, Malaria, Zika Virus, Yellow Fever, and Japanese Encephalitis. Dengue fever alone affects five million individuals every year. How much more if you add the incidences of the other illnesses? This is one of the main reasons experts recommend calling a professional exterminator so your family can prevent any sign of mosquito infestation.
There are countless varieties of rodents including rats, mice, and raccoons. All of which are known to transmit illnesses such as salmonella, hantavirus, and rat-bite fever. You might think that having rodents inside your house is typical and harmless. You have to know that it is one of the leading causes of hospitalization all around the world. This is why you need to upgrade your methods for pest prevention and elimination.
Not all birds are dangerous and carry parasites. However, some wild species of birds carry psittacosis. This is a flu-like disease that can cause pneumonia. This is acquired through inhalation of airborne particles. The symptoms include fever, chills, vomiting, and fatigue. Beautiful as they are, you have to beware of some species that can cause illnesses.
Some people believe that these are only responsible for causing an itch to animals. Little do they know the negative health impacts of these creatures. One of the common illnesses that these bring is anemia. Although this occurs rarely, it is not impossible especially for young, old, and small animals. It happens when the blood consumed by fleas is greater than what is produced. Small as these creatures are, their appetite is ravenous. They can feed 15 times more than their weight. The worst part is, they are difficult to eliminate. Their habits cause nuisances to pet owners all over the world.
Another harmful insect is the tick. These are cousins of spiders that feed as ravenously as fleas. Many people take the infestation for granted. They believe that these pose nuances only to pests. Little do they know that ticks cause Lyme disease, Tularemia, and Rocky Mountain spotted fever to human beings. This is why experts recommend never to squish a tick with your bare hands as you can contact any of the mentioned diseases.
Attack Farms and Lawns
Most people believe that pest infestations only cause nuisances indoors. Little do they know that these pesky creatures also take a toll on the income of farmers and gardeners. Some pests destroy crops, grasses, trees, and plantations. This is why you can see farmers and gardeners use insecticides to keep them damaging insects from causing damage and distress. In NC, most of them call Kernersville Exterminators to help them get through infestations. The following are pests that can be found in your garden.
- Aphids. These are small insects that feed on almost all types of plants. Aphids suck the sap of leaves, turning them pale and spindly. Without intervention, the damage caused by aphids could be extensive, killing every plant that goes their way.
- Grasshoppers are one of the most notorious pests that feed on plants almost every day. This is a type of insect that attacks plants in huge numbers. As long as they see green, they never stop eating. Their voracious appetite is one of the reasons farmers contact reliable pest exterminators. Without their help, the infestation of grasshoppers detrimentally affects the income of gardeners and farmers in the United States.
- Cutworms are another specie that feeds on young plants and grasses. From the name itself, these pests can cut the leaves and stalks of plants. The worst part is, you never see them in action during the daylight. They are more active during night time when everybody’s asleep. This makes it difficult for humans to track their activities. Hence, the need for more superior methods for cutworm prevention.
- Japanese beetles. These insects are known for skeletonizing plants, shrubs, and grasses. It is one of the most-feared crop pests that flew the earth. This beetle is one of the many reasons farmers resort to insecticides no matter how harmful they are. They have to save their crops from the infestation of Japanese beetles. If not, they take a toll on their income, affecting how they fend for their family’s needs.
Damage Properties and Structures
Pests can also ruin your belongings at home. This includes your clothing, books, furniture, walls, and floors. If you don’t believe me, here are some of the most damaging pests that dwell within your home.
- Booklice feed on paper. It damages books, notebooks, particularly any material made of paper. Did you know that these creatures are common in cooler areas such as libraries? Imagine being a bookworm or a librarian with thousands of booklice attacking your precious reading materials. To think that some of your books are limited edition, you wouldn’t want any insect to damage it. Hence, you need to learn more about this pest and know how to prevent it.
- Carpet Beetles are one of the damaging pests that feed on fabric. Despite its name, it does not focus on damaging carpets and mats. Often, they target blankets, comforters, and jackets. Can you imagine going through winter without a good blanket to keep you warm? One way to ensure the quality of your garments is to prevent carpet beetles inside your house.
- Another pest that feeds on household materials is the cockroach. These creatures are not only disgusting but also destructive. Many people take their infestation for granted. Little do they know how extensive the damage can be. Especially during a pandemic, you wouldn’t want roaches around. Since resources nowadays are limited, you have to make everything count. Having a cockroach infestation will not make it easier. It will only make your situation worse. They can spoil foods, damage clothing, and cause illnesses. Can you imagine the hassle they bring to families? This is one of the reasons residents call professional bug exterminators. They believe it’s the best way to effectively prevent pest infestations at home.
- Termites are known as the silent destroyers of households. Once they detect moisture on the foundations of your home, they infest it immediately. In great numbers, it’s only a matter of time before they destroy the totality of your home structure. The worst part is, it’s difficult to spot termite infestations. By the time you know they exist within your structures, the damage will have become irretrievable. I know it is scary but this serves as a warning to keep your home safe from pest infestations.
Importance of calling Pest Control Professionals
Pest control is necessary to bring safety to homes, crops, animals, and humans. Through pest control management strategies, everyone can achieve a pest-free environment. No crops are damaged, no property destroyed, and no human gets sick. One of the recommended ways to do this is hiring pest control professionals. Despite the popular belief that the services are costly, some companies such as Go-Forth Pest Control actually offer pest management at an affordable price.
The best part is, the company promotes Integrated Pest Management (IPM). This is an approach that lasts the use of harmful insecticides. The professionals from this company use organic, safe, and effective methods for pest control. The only time they use insecticides is during severe infestations. But even so, they use low impact insecticides to keep people and the environment safe.
If you’re in North Carolina, this company is the best go-to for pest emergencies. To keep your family safe, have them on speed dial and contact immediately whenever you need help. Better yet, avail their basic services that offer 100% protection from pests. This will ensure a safe and comfortable environment for you.