LOCAL BURLINGTON NC EXTERMINATORS
Local Burlington NC pest exterminators have not stopped doing the thing they do best: protect Burlington residents from all the troublesome pests imaginable. Despite the isolation due to the pandemic, which saw people from all over the world cease almost all their activities, pests are always on the move and are oblivious to the chaos happening to their human hosts. Pests continue to destroy, to irritate, and to transmit diseases, things we do not need at this time.
Residents of Burlington have not neglected pest control activities because they are aware of how important it is to get rid of pests. They make sure that what they do are all effective in exterminating mosquitoes and other bugs, like purchasing the best pesticides over the counter.
But how important is pest control? At this day and age of the pandemic, can we not forego pest control? Well, as we said, pests continue to become pests; there is no ceasefire. Pests are insects or animals that negatively affect human activities. Co-existing with them will always be a problem for us because they can cause stress, anxiety, diseases, and a huge hole in our wallets.
While a lot of people choose DIY methods, it is highly recommended to hire pest control professionals, especially if the infestation is heavy.
Here are some of the reasons why hiring your local Burlington pest exterminators is a good idea.
- Pest control companies can save you time. Due to their expertise, a professional pest controller can get rid of your pests faster and more effectively. They also use pesticides that are not available to the general public which only they are allowed to use. Most pest control companies can complete the job in one to six hours. Larger problems can take a week.
- You can avoid incurring more damage. Many pests can damage your home – rats and mice will chew on your electric cables, gas pipes, boxes, cardboard, and furniture; clothes moths can damage your clothes; weevils can damage your stored dry foods. Hiring a pest control professional will protect your property and save you money and time in the long run.
- Professionals can find the source better than anyone. Professionals can locate the source of the pests, and not just kill the ones you can see. While DIY methods can kill pests, you may not be able to determine the source of the problem, making future infestations more probable. Professional technicians will be able to maximize the effect of pest control by searching for the source.
- Pest control can protect you and your family. Most pests are disease carriers. Mosquitoes can spread malaria, dengue fever, West Nile Fever, and yellow fever. Rats and mice can cause leptospirosis, salmonella, and rat-bite fever. Cockroaches can spread cholera, typhoid fever, and allergens. Bed bugs may not be disease carriers, but they are known to cause stress, anxiety, insomnia, and even depression. Ticks can cause Lyme disease. Pest control professionals help lessen your chances of getting these diseases.
Choosing a pest control company
It is apparent that when you start considering hiring a pest control company, your situation is urgent. But no matter how urgent your pest problem is, you should still take time to practice due diligence when choosing a pest control company.
Consider evaluating pest control companies on these key areas:
- Look for licensed technicians. If licensed, verify if it is the correct license for the job. You can verify the information by calling your state pesticide regulatory office.
- Do they have enough experience? If the company is new, they should at least have experienced technicians.
- Are the new hires training with the experienced technicians?
- You can ask neighbors, family members, or friends for recommendations. You may also ask the company for customer references.
- Do they have insurance to cover you and your property?
- Do they use safe pesticides?
- Is the company licensed by the National Pest Management Association?
When to hire your local Burlington NC pest exterminators?
Some of you may not be comfortable hiring a pest control company for a job that you can also probably do. It may also be hard for you to entrust your safety to a stranger. However, there will come a time when pests will become so uncontrollable, that your only recourse would be to hire the experts.
This section will give you some of the scenarios to help you decide when you should call a pest control company.
When you are attacked by mosquitoes
Mosquitoes are said to be the most dangerous creatures on earth. These tiny insects have killed more people than all the wars in history combined. They still kill millions each year. Mosquitoes transmit several diseases, including dengue fever, malaria, West Nile fever, yellow fever, and encephalitis. Even advances in science and medicine have not been able to prevent deaths caused by mosquitoes. Mosquitoes suck blood from their hosts, and this is how they transmit the diseases. Only the female mosquitoes bite because they have the necessary mouthparts to do so. Their mouths have two tubes, one is for secreting an enzyme to prevent blood clotting and the other is to suck blood. They do not do this for their own nourishment. Instead, they suck blood so that they can fertilize their eggs.
Both females and males feed on nectar. Female mosquitoes love to breed in standing water, that is why they are attracted to areas with lots of stagnant water. This is why one of the best things to do to get rid of them is to throw away things that can hold water for a long time, like old tires and old water containers.
When you are attacked by cockroaches
Cockroaches are notorious for being the most dangerous creatures on the planet. They thrive in the dirtiest places like sewers, cesspools, and garbage bins. They are choosy as to what they eat. Their diet includes feces, decomposing dead animals, trash, rotten food, and even their own kind. Because their lifestyle is so filthy, they capture plenty of bacteria and viruses, making them transmitter of diseases to humans. Among these diseases are salmonella, typhoid fever, and cholera. Roaches are also among the top causes of allergens among children.
Roaches invade our homes because they find in the sources of food, water, and shelter. Once they do get inside, it would be hard to stop them. This is because roaches are hardy insects. They can live without food for one month and without water for one week. Roaches can even live with its head cut off, breathing through the tiny holes that are found all over their bodies. Even a good stomp of a foot is not effective sometimes.
A roach infestation problem surely merits a call to a professional.
When you have bed bugs
Bed bugs are tiny, bloodsucking nocturnal insects. Their bites are extremely itchy and ugly on the skin. Aside from that, bed bugs are high health risks.
When you are attacked by mice
Mice are more than just a mere nuisance, they are also capable of destroying your belongings and are high health risks as well. Because mice have incisors that are constantly growing, they have this need to chew on anything to stop them from growing. This is why a good sign that you have mice is when you have gnawed marks on boxes, cardboards, books, papers, electric cables, and gas pipes. Watch out if they get to your electric cables and gas pipes since this can start a fire.
Mice, like the mosquitoes and cockroaches, are disease carriers. Some of the diseases they carry are salmonella, leptospirosis, hantavirus, and rat-bite fever. These diseases are fatal if not treated early.
If you have these unwanted pests in your house, be sure to contact the best pest control management in the Carolinas, Go-Forth Pest Control.
Let Go-Forth Pest Control handle the job
No home or pest is the same, so there is no one size fits all solution. At Go-Forth Pest Control, we have professional technicians who will examine your home and your lawn to evaluate your individual necessity. We will identify points of entry and make treatments as necessary. We only use state of the art equipment to keep up with these ever-evolving pests.
Go-Forth Pest Control is a family-owned commercial service solutions provider of modern pest control services and techniques, using the latest and most advanced technology in the business, making our service to you more efficient, safer, and more convenient. We have a team of expert professionals who can provide the best pest control services to residents and business establishments not only in Burlington but all throughout North and South Carolina.
Go-Forth Pest Control has earned the trust of residents and businesses in North Carolina for more than 50 years. For more information, or to set an appointment, visit us at www.go-forth.com, or just dial 336-841-6111. Our friendly operators are standing by.