LOCAL MICE EXTERMINATORS IN GREENSBORO NC
When you think of cute and fluffy animals, what usually comes into mind are cats, dogs, and even pandas. But does a mouse ever come into your mind? No, most of us don’t see them cute and fluffy because of their detrimental effects on the household. However, most people regard them as pests. Mice are small species of rodents that have a round pair of ears, a pointed snout, and a scaly tail about the length of their body.
Rats are bigger and smarter than mice. Did you know that rats are more cautious about what they eat and where they go? This makes it more difficult to eliminate them using poison and traps.
Despite being small creatures, mice have a ravenous appetite. They eat 15 to 20 times a day, hence they prefer to build their homes near their “food sources” for easy access. If you’re wondering how they can get inside your house easily, mice are considered liquid. They can squeeze themselves through tiny gaps as small as 0.6 centimeters in diameter.
Apart from this, mice have outstanding senses compared to other pests relying more on their sense of touch, feel, and hearing. This is because they have weaker eyesight during the day. You can observe mice be more active during the night. They are called the human’s shadow. They only come out when everybody is fast asleep. This is where their eyesight is heightened and they can easily explore their territory and forage for food.
Did you know that mice love to gnaw and chew? In the night, you’ll hear them scratching and gnawing all over your walls and floors. The nuisance they bring is one of the major reasons people look for a reliable exterminator for mice.
WHAT ARE THE DAMAGES AND DANGERS CAUSED BY MICE?
Mice in real life are not as helpful as those in Cinderella. Mice and rats alike can cause structural damage to any building. They chew on anything that they deem useful in building their nests such as wood, papers, cloth, and many more. A mouse will gnaw into furniture, even car seats to create their nests. The worst part is, these creatures chew on the insulation around wires which can lead to house fires.
Did you know that in the United States, a significant percentage of all house fires is due to the damages caused by mice? Because of their athletic skills, they can easily reach the ceiling and underneath the floorboards to gnaw on electrical wirings. Without proper interventions, they could cause massive house fires that will endanger the lives of many.
Food contamination is another danger caused by mice. They explore their territories and drop feces, urine, and other excrements. Mice touch and nibble various foods in a day and leave partially uneaten food inedible for humans and even pets. So, do not let them cook for you like Remy in Ratatouille. If you let them touch your food, it can cause a variety of deadly diseases.
As we stated a while ago, mice have a high breeding rate. One female mouse can give birth to 5 to 6 offspring in one breeding. Can you imagine how many months it could take for you to face a full-on infestation? More mice, more problems. So you might as well learn how to eliminate them for yourself
WHAT ARE THE DISEASES CAUSED BY MICE?
Mice carry many diseases harmful to humans. They are also a leading cause of disease transmission. If you remember the bubonic plague in the 14th century that killed millions of people in Europe, mice, and rats are responsible for it. The infected rat fleas can bite animals and humans leading to a massive number of deaths in the entire continent. But these are not the only illnesses the mouse can bring. To name a few more, here are some of the most common illnesses mice can pass on:
Hantavirus Infection can lead to Hantavirus Pulmonary Pulmonary Syndrome (HPS). HPS is a respiratory disease that has a 38% mortality rate. Symptoms appear between 1 to 5 weeks after contact with urine, feces, or saliva of infected mice.
The early symptoms include:
- Muscle aches
Without medical attention, that needs to complications, specifically:
- Shortness of breath
- Respiratory failure
Unfortunately, there is no cure or vaccination for the disease. But acute medical care may improve the chances of survival.
Other animals, aside from rodents, also carry this disease. However, a mouse’s transmission to humans is the most prevalent because it is due to the urine of both mice and rats. It is often present in contaminated food. The initial symptoms of Leptospirosis include flu-like symptoms, vomiting, and intense headache. Without medical intervention, it could lead to meningitis and liver damage.
Experts continuously reiterate never to self-diagnosis whenever you feel symptoms. Do not easily be convinced that it is a common flu, especially if you live in poorly urbanized areas. It’s best to contact a professional to verify what the disease really is so they can prescribe the necessary medical interventions.
This is caused by the Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis Virus (LCMV). According to researchers, 5% of house mice in the U.S. alone carry this virus. Transmission can occur after contact with droppings, saliva, and urine of infected mice. Contact with nesting materials used by infected mice can also cause transmission.
There are 2 phases of infection. The first phase includes general symptoms such as fever, lack of appetite, and muscle pains. The second phase is characterized by neurological diseases, including meningitis and encephalitis. Although the fatality rate of this illness is only 1%, permanent neurological damage is common among its victims.
HOW CAN YOU GET RID OF MICE?
To those who cannot stand mice in their homes, here are ways in which you can rid of these rodents:
- Set traps. This is usually a person’s go-to resort. Traps are convenient and readily available at some stores. All you have to do is set it up in a good station and put some bait if you please!
To name a few, here are some examples of mouse traps:
- Electric Mouse Traps
- Catch and release mouse traps
- Glue traps
- Get Rid of Entry Points. As stated, mice can squeeze through a small crack. So, you have to seal cracks in your home or office. As much as possible, avoid using plastic, rubber, wood, or anything else that a mouse can easily gnaw through for your sealants.
- Contact your local Greensboro exterminators. This saves you the trouble of finding products that may or may not work for you. It also saves you from doing the work if you cannot stand doing the work to catch a mouse in your place.
NEED FOR PEST CONTROL IN ELIMINATING MICE
- Pest control would benefit you, your family, and your property. Having pest control can help you avoid damages, health-threatening diseases, and other nuisances. Plus, it eliminates the risk of exposure from the droppings that can cause various diseases. It helps keep you and your family to maintain a safer and healthier environment.
- DIY is not enough. As much as we don’t want to admit, DIYs just don’t cut it. Having pest control professionals to help you will assure the effectiveness and safety of methods. Therefore, it is important to look for reliable companies so they can guarantee outstanding results for the sake of your property and your family.
- This may come as a shock, but most DIY methods of pest control cost more than professional services. If you call exterminators to do their job, you’ll be saving money. Plus, you’ll know that you can maximize its costs because of the effective service. Less hassle and less stress for you.
- Living Pest-Free is one dream of a responsible home-owner. Having to live with or encounter unwanted creatures in your place can be a source of stress. It could lead to physical and psychological dysfunction. Did you know that some individuals develop as a related phobia because of unfortunate experiences with these pests? This is one thing you need to avoid, hence the urgent need for an expert.
Look for outstanding providers of pest management services
Pest control professionals allow lifetime investments to protect your family from all kinds of pests. Companies such as Go-Forth Pest Control is one of the most reliable and most outstanding providers of pest management services. With their help, you can easily prevent and eliminate all kinds of pests without worrying about any harmful residue from pesticides.
The best part is, they offer their services at a very affordable price. Who said that hiring a professional will cause you budget constraints? You just need to dig a little deeper and find companies that your neighbors recommend.
Mice are one of the most destructive and dangerous creatures to have at home. To prevent the damages and illnesses they bring, it is important to be one step ahead. Contact a pest control company that offers the best services. This way, you can guarantee your family a safe and healthy living environment.