PEST CONTROL FOR MOSQUITOES (TRIAD EXTERMINATORS)
Mosquitoes are small yet very powerful kinds of insects that can be found all over the world. You may not believe it but these little creatures can kill humans by the millions each year. They do this through their bites. We all know how itchy our skin can get when a mosquito bites us. Mosquito bites lead to puffy, itchy skin and can even turn into blisters. But not just that, it can also lead to life-threatening diseases.
According to the World Health Organization, mosquito bites can cause the death of up to 1 million people in a year. The majority of these deaths are caused by malaria or dengue fever. This is the reason why people are so afraid of mosquitoes. Also, are eager to get rid of them as soon as they see these annoying creatures flying around.
There are about 2,500 known species of mosquitoes in the world and they multiply very fast. They can, in fact, lay 100-200 eggs. Their life cycle typically lasts for about 8-10 days. They are attracted to warmth, light, and carbon dioxide.
Have you ever asked why mosquitoes love biting human beings? They do not do it just because they want to. There is a reason behind that. There are things that attract mosquitoes and here they are:
- Body temperature – Mosquitoes can easily detect someone who has high body temperature, so if you are generating heat, mosquitoes will surely target you.
- Carbon dioxide from pregnant women – Unlike anybody else, pregnant women inhale more carbon dioxide and this is one of the things that attract mosquitoes.
- Potassium and salt – The potassium and salt that our body releases also attract mosquitoes. People who usually eat salty food and potassium enriched foods like potatoes, cantaloupe, cucumber, avocado, and banana are more prone to being bitten by mosquitoes.
Ways to Avoid Mosquitoes
Although mosquitoes can be found everywhere, there are ways or steps we can do to prevent them from getting close to us. Let us start outside your home.
- Remove any standing water inside and outside your home. Mosquitoes lay eggs in standing or stagnant water so it is important to leave your surroundings dry at all times. Check clogged rain gutters, tires, discarded cans and containers, and plant saucers of your indoor and outdoor plants. Clean up any trash and free-standing water in the area. If you have a pool, maintain it or place a pool cover to it when not in use.
- Check your screens and make sure to keep your doors and windows closed. Because mosquitoes are so small, they can get through everywhere they want to. Using screens for your windows and door will help you control mosquitoes from getting inside your home. If you have this, they would not be able to enter your home easily.
- Consider having some mosquito predators in your yard. You may not realize it but having bats or swallows can help reduce the number of mosquitoes. You do not need to welcome them inside your home, of course! Putting a bat or birdhouse is enough to attract these creatures. Both baths and swallows love eating mosquitoes so having them in your yard will reduce the number of these flying, annoying mosquitoes around.
- Add some natural mosquito repellents in your yard. For those who love planting, this is surely going to be very easy for you. There are plants that act as natural mosquito repellents. Basil is one example. Most moms out there have this in her garden because it is one of the most common flavors we use when we cook our favorite pesto sauce or tasty salads. The fragrance that this plant releases automatically makes the mosquitoes go away. You may also plant citronella, lavender, lemon balm, marigold, lemongrass, peppermint, and rosemary. For sure they all sound familiar to you and the good thing about these plants is that they help mosquitoes go away because of the smell or fragrance they release.
- Cover yourself up. Although mosquitoes are known to attack at night, they still can attack and bite you anytime they want. Help yourself by wearing long sleeves and pants when you are outdoors. This will block the mosquitoes from biting your skin directly.
Controlling Mosquitoes Inside your Home
- Mosquitoes love warmth and darkness. If you suspect mosquito infestation, best to check the corners of your home. Closets, under the sink, laundry area, under the stairs, and behind furniture are places where these mosquitoes normally hide. Your first step then is to look at these places and prepare your mosquito spray so you can immediately spray these insects away.
- There are different kinds of mosquito traps you can buy in stores. If you want to get rid of a few flying mosquitoes inside your home, you may get one so you do not have to keep on snapping from time to time killing these mosquitoes. Mosquito spray is also an option. In fact, this is the most common and at the same time one of the most effective DIY pest control methods available. There are different brands you can purchase in-store. If you choose to go with this method, just make sure to be very cautious as insect spray contains harmful substances that are not really good for pets and human being’s health. Be sure to read the label so you know how often you can use the spray as well as the instructions on how you can safely use it to avoid harming yourself and your family’s health.
- The strong wind also helps deter mosquitoes. Since they are small, they do not have the ability and are not that strong enough to be able to fly against the wind. You may use a fan while sleeping if you do not want to be disturbed by them.
As you can see, the steps we discussed to avoid mosquitoes are pretty simple. Doing them helps prevent the transmission of certain diseases. In case the number of mosquitoes inside and outside your home becomes uncontrollable though, your next step is to seek professional help. There’s no better way to control any kind of pests than leaving it to the professionals.
Pest control technicians went through some series of training which help them be prepared in eliminating and getting rid of different pesky creatures. So if there is anyone in this world who can be trusted when it comes to pest problems, it is the people who work in the pest control companies.
There are different benefits in hiring a pest control company for your mosquito problem:
- Effective yet safe. Pest control technicians used nothing but the best and effective equipment in controlling pests. When you choose to eliminate pests on your own, you are more likely to end up using more pesticides. Not only that, but you can also use more harmful ingredients than a professional would use. Eliminate unnecessary toxins by leaving the job to the experts.
- Save money by leaving the job to your trusted pest control company. If you are a person who does not have enough experience with pest control, you may end up trying different methods and products to get rid of mosquitoes. At the end of the day, you will realize you have spent so much money already trying different pesticides, baits, and traps looking for something effective.
- Pest control technicians will not just help you get rid of the pests, they will also eliminate the source to make sure that you will not have to continue having pests problems in the future.
- Help you save time. When there is a pest infestation in your home or business, it is important to be able to resolve this the soonest time possible. Why? Because the longer you wait, the higher the chance they could cause damage to your property and health. Pest infestation is a very serious matter so pest control must be taken seriously. There is no time to waste.
Your Pest Control Company Since 1959
For your pest control problems, look no further and go with Go-Forth pest control. Go-Forth Pest Control is a family-owned commercial service solutions provider of modern pest control services and techniques, using the latest and most advanced technology in the business We have a team of expert professionals who can provide the best pest control service in the Triad region to residents and business establishments all throughout North and South Carolina.
We serve in a different and better way of working in the pest control industry, employing family-friendly and pet-friendly systems of eradication that cater to your distinct demands. Our professional skills in exterminating pests like cockroaches, wasps, weevils, mosquitoes, mice, flies, termites, ants, and spiders can really make you say adieu to these pests in your home.
You may check us on Facebook or Google us to see what our satisfied patrons have to say about us.
Go-Forth Pest Control has obtained the trust of locals and businesses for more than 60 years. For additional information, or to set a consultation, just dial 336-841-6111. Our friendly operators are standing by.