WHY IS PEST CONTROL IMPORTANT? (TRIANGLE EXTERMINATORS)
Pests are one of the very last things we all want to have in our homes and business establishments. These creatures may be small in size but they do cause serious damage to our properties and they are detrimental to our health. That is why it is a must to get rid of them as soon as you discover their presence in your homes or business.
There are different kinds of pests and the method of getting rid of them also depends on what kind of creatures we are dealing with. DIY methods or professional pest control service will both work depending on the severity of the infestation.
Controlling pests is not an easy task, especially when the infestation has begun. Just thinking about the damages it can cause to your property, the diseases it can bring to you and your family, and the sleepless nights because you are worried that they might attack while you are sleeping is very stressful. Let’s take a look at different kinds of pests that might invade our homes and the possible diseases we can get from them.
Types of pests:
- Ants, bees, and wasps – This group is considered as one of the largest order of insects with over 130,000 species. Ants are not just attracted to sweets. They also eat whatever kind of food is available such as seeds, vegetables, fruits, and dead insects or parts of some animals. Bees feed on nectar and pollen collected by forager. Wasps eat nectar just like bees, fruits, and other kinds of insects like spiders, caterpillars, and aphids. These insects do not carry serious or harmful diseases unlike the other pests but they can cause allergic reactions to humans. When they bite you, they inject a toxic substance called venom which can trigger allergies.
- Rodents – These are mammals with continuously growing incisors, which is the reason why there is a need for them to keep on chewing. These teeth are what they use to eat and destroy different things like furniture, boxes, and even electrical pipe. These creatures reproduce rapidly so as soon as you find one in your house, you must get rid of them the soonest you can. They carry diseases such as hantavirus, leptospirosis, salmonella, and lymphocytic choriomeningitis or LCMV.
- Cockroaches – Roaches are one of the most common kinds of pests we see in our homes or business. These creatures are easily attracted to food so you will surely get to see them if there is food lying around in your home. They can sense even the smallest crumbs or a single spill of sauce in the kitchen. They bring diseases like salmonella, cholera, typhoid fever, leprosy, and many more.
- Bed bugs – These creatures live strictly on the blood of humans and other warm-blooded animals. They normally stay in linens, beds, couches, pillows, and carpets. It is not easy to find them but there are signs to look for in case you suspect bed bug infestation. These parasites do not transmit diseases but their presence can seriously affect your sleep and cause extreme itch which can lead to skin infection eventually.
- Fleas – Fleas are wingless insects with mouthparts used for piercing skin and sucking blood. These parasites live on pets so we normally discover them inside our homes when we are living with pets such as cats and dogs. Fleas can transmit several illnesses like typhus and plague. If you are bitten by a flea, there is also a possibility that the bite may become infected. In case this happens, go to your doctor for the best medical advice.
- Flies – Flies are annoying insects that keep flying around especially when there is food available. They feed and harvest on organic and decaying materials like meat, fruits, vegetables, animals, and feces – things that are very disgusting. So imagine eating food that has been landed by flies. Like bees, they suck nectar from flowers too! The diseases that we might get from these insects are diarrhea, cholera, and typhoid.
- Termites – Termites feed on dead plants and trees but they also eat other materials such as paper or cardboard, plastic, and drywall. They can seriously destroy the foundation of our homes. They can cause allergic reactions and dermatitis.
- Mosquitoes – These creatures are considered the most dangerous kind of pest of all time. These insects are responsible for millions of deaths all over the world every year. They are small and may look harmless, yet, they can cause many different kinds of diseases which may also lead to death. Some of the diseases that can be transmitted to humans are zika virus, dengue, malaria, and chikungunya.
Now that we know the types of pests that might invade our place and the damages and diseases they might bring, I am sure you would not want to see even a single pest in your home anymore. Whatever kind of insect there may be, pest control is important if you do not want unwanted and unwelcome guests in your space. Yes, it may be challenging to eliminate them especially when the infestation has started. Fortunately, there are definitely ways to prevent them from coming. You can start by simply keeping your space clean and clutter-free.
Pest control from the outside:
Clean your garage and garden and avoid inviting pests from coming over. A clean, organized, and clutter-free space will not just make you happy and relaxed. This is also key to a pest-free environment. For example in your garden, while it is true that having plants may attract many insects, having plants that serve as natural repellents are also beneficial. There are so many kinds of plants that will help you shoo away pests. Chrysanthemums, marigold, and lavender are just of the plants that look good in the eyes because of the blooms they produce but they also serve as natural pests repellents. They deter bugs, mosquitoes, plant lice, ants, roaches, and rabbits. You may also consider having basil, citronella grass, garlic, bay leaves, and rosemary. Having these plants in your garden doesn’t just help repel pests but also add flavor to your meals and dishes.
It is also a good idea to watch out for standing water in the garden and garage. Any standing water can be used as a breeding site for mosquitoes. Be sure to throw water from unused tires, plant pots, and saucers, gutters, and bottles. Your garbage attracts different pests such as flies, roaches, and rodents. Keep it in a covered bin as possible. In your garage, remove or dispose of any materials that are no longer useful. Rodents love chewing different things and the more clutter they see, the more they would want to stay in your place.
Pest control on the inside:
There is no better home than a space that is clean and sanitized. As a homeowner, one of the things you would want to see is a clean space. This makes you feel happy and relaxed after a long day of work. This is also your key to a stress-free life and pest-free environment. Remove any clutters such as empty boxes for shoes or food, old magazines, and papers. Rodents, roaches, and even termites use these things as hiding places so you better remove them immediately.
Keep your kitchen clean at all times. When you are done eating, be sure to wash the dishes immediately instead of just leaving them on the sink.
Sweep the floor and wipe the counters and table. Make sure there will be no food spills or crumbs left. Roaches, rodents, ants, and flies are easily attracted to these.
Check the corners of your home from time to time. Mosquitoes and other pests tend to hide in places where they cannot easily be disturbed. It is best to move stuff and check your closets from time to time. Vacuum your carpet and couch regularly and change linens and sheets – doing this will you prevent having bed bugs around.
Last but not the least, be attentive and mindful. Do not disregard any signs you’ll get to see along the way. If you suspect pest infestation or notice any signs that there really are pests living in your home, take the necessary actions immediately.
In the case of pest infestation, seek help from the experts and let them do the job. Finding the best pest control management is important if you want to completely eradicate these troublesome pests in your home safely and efficiently. For your pest control needs, people from North and South Carolina trust only one name: Go-Forth Pest Control.
If you have these unwanted pests in your lawn or inside your home, be sure to contact the best pest control management in the Triangle region – Go-Forth Pest Control.
For worry-free pest management, let Go-Forth Pest Control handle the job
No home or pest is the same, so there is no one size fits all solution. At Go-Forth Pest Control, we have professional technicians who will examine your home to evaluate your individual needs. We will identify points of entry and make treatments as necessary. We only use state of the art equipment to keep up with these ever-evolving pests.