PEST CONTROL TO GET RID OF COCKROACHES IN GREENVILLE, SC
Who among us does not know what cockroaches are and how they physically look like? Maybe everyone knows what they look like and the harm it can cause you and your family.
Cockroaches are little creatures that bring us goosebumps. There are thousands of different species of roaches. Though they vary in size, they are normally flat dark brown or brownish-red insects with antennae and six legs. We see them in different parts of our house. You can commonly see them crawling on surfaces. But, some of them can also fly, which scares some people to death.
Cockroaches are one of the most common pests that carry germs, viruses, and bacteria. It’s important to get rid of them not just for your peace of mind but also for your health. These pests live in filthy places like sewage, garbage, or anywhere that is dirty. So expect that they eat left-over human foods which in turn makes their body full of toxins. They leave an unpleasant odor and can contaminate food, household items, and kitchenware. These pests bite too. Though they are not poisonous like some pests, we still have to be careful. A cockroach bite can cause skin allergies, which could swell and become very itchy.
Why Do Cockroaches Invade Your Home?
Cockroaches stay in a place basically to find food, warmth, and shelter. They are into places with leftover food and moisture. You can find them in the kitchen and bathroom sinks and leaky pipes. All these are found in human dwellings, that is why our house is the best place for them. If you get to see one roach in your home then most likely, your home is already infested. There are many of its kind living in your home now. It will be hard for you to get rid of them so you must do your research. Also, find tips on how you would be able to handle this challenging situation.
The cockroach population grows rapidly. According to the researchers from Hokkaido University in Japan, female cockroaches can reproduce for years without the need to have a male partner. The number of eggs a female cockroach can reproduce depends on their species, but they normally produce 30-50 eggs in a case. They carry these eggs until they are ready for hatching.
Cockroach eggs look like a capsule or pill. They are small, brown, black, or tan sacks that are about ¼ inch in size. Female cockroaches like laying eggs in places that are warm and humid. In case you see one, you can eliminate it by burning it, vacuuming, or pouring acids to completely get rid of it.
Preventing Cockroaches from Coming and Staying in Your House
As we now know, food and filthy spaces attract these creatures. That being said, it is a must to keep your place clean and sanitized all the time. Here are some very easy steps which we can practice at home:
- Cover trash bins and dispose of them regularly- roaches live in filthy places and they eat garbage. This is one of their sources of food so if we keep it close and we dispose of them regularly, there is less chance these roaches would come and stay.
- Dispose of old cardboard boxes – these boxes also attract roaches. This is one of the things they eat so if these boxes are no longer in use, it is better to throw them than keep them in your house.
- Seal cracks, holes, and crevices – roaches are small and can certainly squeeze in almost everywhere. Sealing their entry points will lessen their chances to get in.
- Place food in airtight containers – airtight containers will prevent not just roaches but also other types of pests from contaminating food.
- Wipe down counters and stovetops – roaches can easily detect spills and crumbs so we must make it a habit to clean them regularly and as much as possible, every time we cook and eat.
- Don’t leave dirty dishes in the sink – as you may notice, roaches easily come in when there are dirty dishes in the sink. There may be times when we feel like not washing the dishes immediately after we cook or eat but it’s important to take care of it as soon as possible as these dirty dishes can attract roaches.
- Regularly fix leaks and plumbing issues – it’s not a bad idea to inspect faucets, sinks, and appliances on a regular basis. Leaks result in moisture which attracts roaches from coming as this becomes their source for water to survive.
Getting Rid of Cockroaches
There are many different ways of how we can eliminate these from our homes. Eliminating these insects without wasting too much money, energy and effort are indeed possible. In fact, you can get rid of them rather quickly if you just know where they are coming from and what is attracting these creatures from coming.
- Home Remedies – if you would like to take the DIY approach then you may try using boric acid. Hydrogen borate is the other name of boric acid. Make a dough using flour, sugar, and boric acid. Leave it in places where you usually see the roaches such as under the sink, cupboards, and drawers and wait for them to consume the dough. Roches will find the sugar and flour attractive while the boric acid will kill them.
- Store-bought traps – one of the common traps found in stores for roaches are the sticky pads. This is just a piece of paper or cardboard with a very sticky substance that can be used for pests like roaches and mice.
- Baits – there are different kinds of roach baits you can buy in the store. These are flavored pesticides that attract pests. Once eaten, it will kill roaches and could even spread into the nest. Because of this, it can even cause more death to the remaining roaches.
- Liquid concentrates – there are different liquid concentrates you can purchase in stores that can deter roaches. This must be diluted and sprayed to wall cracks, crevices, garbage bins, and areas where you think these creatures are hiding. You can also use this to mop the floors, wipe the surfaces where they normally crawl and countertops. Just be sure to be extra careful if you intend to use this in the kitchen as this chemical is harmful to humans.
- Pest control service – they are popular for eliminating unwanted guests in our homes. They help us take care of the problem we have from pests. They are well-trained when it comes to this field. Also, they will surely help you kick out and kill those annoying roaches.
It is true that you can try to eliminate these roaches on your own by following the tips above. But what if your house is already infested and the number of roaches or pests in your home gets out of your control? Would you still waste time and effort trying those tips and wait to see if they are effective or not? Or will you call an exterminator to get the job done?
Advantages of Hiring a Pest Control Professional:
One of the advantages of hiring a pest control service is that they use safe and effective methods in controlling pests. They do not use chemicals that are harmful to your pets and family. They use eco-friendly solutions.
Saves time and money
Eliminating the roaches on your own can be time-consuming. It may also cost you a lot especially if you are not able to get rid of them on the first attempt. You may have to try different methods which will result in you purchasing different stuff like pesticides, baits and traps, and many more.
Pest control technicians are well trained to exterminate roaches. They have licenses which means that they are capable of getting rid of those nasty creatures in our home. This also gives you the guarantee and peace of mind that they use the safe, effective, and latest technology which gives a satisfactory and worthy result at the end of the day.
Hire Professionals and Get the Job Done
Finding the best pest control management is important if you want to completely eradicate these troublesome pests in your home safely and efficiently. For their pest control needs, people from North and South Carolina trust only one name: Go-Forth Pest Control.
If you have these unwanted pests in your house, be sure to contact the best pest control management in the Carolinas, Go-Forth Pest Control.
Let Go-Forth Pest Control Handle the Job
No home or pest is the same, and there is no cookie-cutter solution to all pests. At Go-Forth Pest Control, we have professional technicians who will examine your home and your lawn to evaluate your individual necessity and work with you to come up with the best course of action. We will identify points of entry and make treatments as necessary. We only use state of the art equipment to keep up with these ever-evolving pests.