PEST CONTROL TO GET RID OF FLEAS
Some pests can be big while others are too small that you find it hard to identify and find them. One of the smallest pests that you can have at home is fleas and they cling hard on your pets like dogs. Fleas are among the enemies of pets because they will keep on feeding on your dogs or cats, lay eggs, and infest more.
Fleas are among the top peskiest pests and you’ll never love your home if you have them. They will mostly be after your pets such as dogs but when they don’t have a choice, they can infest you and your family. Take note, they leave flea bites that can be a source of illness if you don’t do any prevention against fleas.
The pest should be removed as quickly as possible because once it infests, you will find it difficult to eliminate them and you’ll never like what they’ll do in your property. When you have them, get rid of them as quickly as possible because they can be your worst nightmare in the end. One way to get rid of them is by calling Winston-Salem Exterminators to perform pest control.
Pest management is the only solution you have when pests are present and infesting your home. Professionals are likely the best one to seek help from because they know what to do with fleas and can make a personalized treatment plan that will work for your property.
If you have fleas, don’t worry because there are pest control ways that you can do to get rid of fleas in your property.
Things to Know About Fleas
Have you ever wondered what fleas look like? Some may have an idea while the others mistake the pest from something else. Aside from their appearance, you want to know everything about them because when the time comes that they infest your home; you are already familiar with them.
Here are the things you need to know about fleas.
- The bodies of fleas are reddish-brown, shiny, and have minuscule hair that you will never see if you don’t take a closer look.
- Fleas can’t fly so they don’t have wings. Some think that they may have gotten the pest because it can fly to properties anytime. But, the truth is, fleas can’t fly instead they can jump and that’s their way of transporting from one place to another. They can quickly hold onto your pets because of their jumping skills and not because of flying.
- Fleas are tiny as their length can only be 2.55 mm. With their small size, there’s no way that you can easily detect them in your property. This is where inspection comes in. When you check on your pets and property, you’ll be able to know if you have fleas or other pests in your property.
- Flea infestations can happen quickly because they can multiply fast. The pest is among the vermin that can reproduce crazily. Every day, almost 50 eggs are laid and in the entire lifetime of female fleas, they can give birth to 2,000 eggs! Imagine you have hundreds of female fleas at home. Look what they can do to your property and pets if you don’t get rid of them. Fleas will lay eggs on your pets and when it reaches the larval stage, these larvae will hide into your carpets, fabrics, and beddings. That’s why it is important to vacuum your home to get rid of eggs and larvae.
- Fleas can be a threat to you, your family, and pets. Do you ever wonder what diseases a human can get from fleas? They may not affect the structure of your property but they will put risks on your health. Fleas can do a lot to your pets and you as well. With their saliva, your pets like dogs and cats can have allergies that may worsen. Excessive scratching, biting, and licking can mean that they may have fleas causing them allergies. Tapeworms can also be transmitted by fleas to you, your family, and pets.
Even the smallest pest can cause problems for everyone. If you have fleas, you better get rid of them because if you don’t, you may fall sick and experience flea infestations. Better call Winston-Salem Exterminators to help you with your pest problem.
Ways to Getting Rid of Fleas
Hiring Winston-Salem Exterminators for flea control will always be the best choice because they can get rid of your problem without putting you in danger. Professionals are more accurate as they know everything about the pest which means they can quickly apply the right treatment and pest control method. But, if you also would like to keep your home flea-free at all times, you can make it happen and here are flea control remedies to do at home.
Brush baking soda
If you think baking soda is only used for making your home clean, you’ve got it all wrong! This powder has many wonders and it includes controlling fleas. Since some fleas, eggs, and larvae burrow in furniture and carpets, removing them can be hard especially if you can’t easily distinguish them. But, if you have baking soda, no need to worry because by brushing the powder on carpets and furniture, you can get rid of the pest. Then, you can vacuum the areas where baking soda is put and those stubborn fleas, larvae, and eggs will be gone for good. Make sure that you remove these on the sack of the vacuum and throw it out to prevent the pest from coming back. Or, if you need serious help, Winston-Salem Exterminators are ready to serve you.
Apply diatomaceous earth
Diatomaceous earth is among the favorites in terms of eliminating pests because of its incredible effects on vermin like fleas. DE is known as fossilized algae and this powder can indeed solve your flea problem. If you have a few fleas at home, this is highly recommended. The powder, when applied on fleas, can kill them quickly because diatomaceous earth removes all fluids found in the pest. It can even damage the waxy outer surface of pests so it is indeed good for eliminating fleas. The pest will die of dehydration and what’s good with this is that it can get rid of a lot of pests including ants, cockroaches, bed bugs, and spiders. But, when you use diatomaceous earth, make sure to wear a mask because inhaling it can affect your respiratory system. However, if a flea infestation is occurring, DE is not enough so you have to call Winston-Salem Exterminators to do the extermination for you.
Check your pets
The main reason why fleas are present in your home is because of your pets such as cats and dogs. Your pets can attract the pest since fleas feed on dogs or cats for blood. If you want to control fleas in your property, you should always check your pets. Inspect their furs if the pest is present. Make sure to bath them, use a flea comb to get rid of clinging fleas, and groom them. If your pets are experiencing problems, bring it to a veterinarian for better treatment and medication. If your dogs or cats are healthy and always checked for fleas, you can avoid them from experiencing flea problems that can be uncomfortable for your furry friends.
That’s it! There are several ways on how you can get rid of fleas. From doing natural methods down to using chemical treatments, you can do it whenever you have the pest at home. However, DIY pest control is not mostly recommended because it can bring you other results or the situation may worsen. So, if you want the right way of eliminating fleas, pest control is the top answer and local pest control companies with positive reviews can do it for you.
Pest Control Company in NC to Choose
Have you been under pest problems lately or for a longer time? The answer is here and that’s Go-Forth Pest Control!
Go-Forth Pest Control is a pest control company in NC that is chosen by almost everyone because of their exceptional and satisfying pest control services that can’t be matched by others. Their services work within your budget and are personalized depending on the needs of your property.
The company is well-known in NC because it has been serving the area for more than 50 years and has been satisfying clients nearby or far. The company is always recognized and that’s because they are consistent, love to serve, and professional in delivering their works.
Their core values are reflected in their highly trained, licensed, and expert pest technicians. The company’s reputation is always great because they have received the best reviews from their clients and that’s because they give what their customers deserve to have and indeed resolve pest problems quickly.
When you have pest issues at home, Go-Forth Pest Control is always the best company to count on. Working with them will put you in great satisfaction as they exceed expectations. Call them at 1-800-841-6113 and you’ll be able to witness their high-quality pest control services that you can’t find from others!