WHERE DO YOU SPRAY PESTICIDES INDOORS?
As responsible homeowners and parents, it is your duty to secure the needs of your loved ones. These include food, shelter, clothing, and pest safety. Pests are troublesome creatures that cause nuisance, damages, and illnesses to human beings. Most people take their existence for granted. Little do they know the dangers they pose to our family. If you don’t do the necessary measures for pest control, soon you won’t have a shelter, to begin with. If you don’t believe me, here are the most notorious pests that cause damage indoors.
We all know that cockroaches contaminate food which leads to several illnesses such as salmonellosis, E. coli infections, dysentery, and many more. This is not the only problem they cause. Roaches also damage food packaging. When they get desperate enough to feed, they do their best to penetrate even the hardest cardboards. This is the reason why experts recommend storing foods in airtight containers.
Roaches also damage clothing. They are attracted to food stains and sweat stains. If you don’t do your laundry more often, they will target your clothes and sip the stains through the fabric. This causes tears and holes in your clothing. Without the necessary interventions for cockroach control, your garments will be irretrievable from their damage.
Eliminate cockroaches on your own using these easy, DIY tips:
- Eliminate excess moisture from the environment. One of the things that attract cockroaches into infesting homes is the humidity. If you turn your kitchen lights on late at night, you can see them on the sink, floors, and compartments. Now go to the bathroom and do the same. You can see the roaches crawling all over your lavatory, toilet, and walls. To keep them from dwelling on these areas, keep moisture levels at a minimum. You can use a dehumidifier to control humidity. You can purchase these at your nearest hardware store or department store. If not, you can browse online and have it delivered to your door.
- Another way to keep moisture levels of the minimum is to grow indoor plants to absorb humidity. They store it in their leaves and roots for future use. If you have AC’s, clean its filters regularly to keep moisture levels at bay. Experts also recommend drying your bathroom and your kitchen sink before going to bed.
- Use Diatomaceous Earth (DE). This is also called diatomite which is a naturally occurring sedimentary rock that can easily crumble into a fine, white powder. Did you know that this is used for treating high cholesterol levels and constipation? It also helps improve teeth and skin health. Apart from that, this powder is also effective for eliminating pests such as cockroaches, weevils, silverfish, beetles, slugs, and many more.
- Use essential oils. While the smell of natural oils such as lavender and during induces meditative effects on human beings. It causes irritation and allergies to pests. To create your pest repellent, mix essential oils with water and store it in a spray bottle. Spray it on infested areas regularly to hamper the activities of cockroaches at home.
Mice are one of the most acrobatic creatures you ever encounter. Like cockroaches, mice can bring a variety of illnesses. Apart from that, these creatures are also detrimental to our properties. Mice can easily damage food packaging. They also damage clothes, furniture and fixtures, walls, and wires. Entomologists report several cases where mice accessed electrical wirings. The gnawed on the insulators and caused house fires. Yes, this is possible. This is a common occurrence in the United States alone.
This is why you need to manage their population before they cause extensive damage to your belongings. Here are a few tips to get rid of mice at home:
- Seal entryways. Mice can fit through the smallest holes. To prevent them from infesting, seal every possible entryway. It could be on your walls, floorboards, and windows. Fix every broken shingle and seal every crevice where pests can enter. If you can’t do it on your own, contact a local expert to do it for you. Do this immediately or else more mice will enter your home, putting your lives in danger.
- Get a cat. This is the most practical way to eliminate mice. Most victims of infestation reported improvements after getting a mouse hunter. You only need to make sure that the cat has the drive to chase and kill unwanted pests. If not, you might have gotten yourself a Garfield, unwilling to do anything but eat and sleep. Some dogs can play the role of cats in chasing pests. If you’re a dog person, have one. Just train them to catch mice and rats.
- Glue boards. These are practical methods to eliminate rodents such as rats and mice. Occasionally, it can catch cockroaches and flies, provided they are enticed to get in contact with it. First, you need to assess the severity of the infestation. Check if there are droppings. This gives you an idea of how many and how big they are. It allows you to decide whether to purchase bigger glue boards. Once you have the glue boards at hand, strategically place them on infested areas. You can place them where you saw the droppings. If you find the nest, place it near their habitat. Don’t forget to place food or any attractant in the middle to entice the rodent to jump into the trap. Regularly check the glue boards and change them and you think it’s necessary. Make sure your pets and children can’t reach them. Once the glue sticks to their hair, it’s difficult to get it out.
For further assistance, contact local Greensboro Exterminators for a more efficient pest management procedure.
These creatures are also known as the silent destroyers. By the time you see signs of termite infestation, the damage in your home will have become irretrievable. It forces some people out of their houses because their foundations have become unreliable for calamities such as earthquakes and storms. To keep this from happening, here are some methods you can apply.
- Reduce soil-to-wood contact. Termites travel on the ground, looking for wooden structures to infest. Once they find the foundations of your home, they will become unstoppable. Imagine being infested by millions of termites who never stop working. It’s only a matter of time before the damage gets too extensive. As much as possible, only the concrete foundation should touch the soil. If not, create barriers to separate your wooden structure from the soil. You can use cement or iron. While you’re at it, you can apply chemical barriers and apply it to your foundations. This deters termites to go your way.
- Eliminate moisture. Like cockroaches, termites are attracted to excess moisture. One way to control it is to keep plants away from your foundation. Experts regard this as the best termite prevention technique. Plants store moisture in their roots. This attracts termites to go their way. If they detect a nearby wooden foundation, they will target it. Local Greensboro exterminators recommend fixing leaky pipes and securing an efficient drainage system to eliminate all sources of excess moisture. Regularly check these areas to make sure the water runs smoothly without getting accumulated near your home.
- Store wood and lumber away from your house. This is another important trip to prevent termites from infesting your home. As much as possible, do not store firewood and lumber near your foundation. Observe at least 6 feet of distance to deter these pests. Better yet, offer them discarded wood. Position it far away to keep them from targeting you.
These are only a few of the most of our use pests that can damage your properties. If these DIY procedures do not work well for you, upgrade your strategies, and use low-impact insecticides. Make sure you purchase reliable and certified brands especially for indoor use. Check the instructions of the manufacturer, understand them perfectly before you administer treatment at home.
You can apply these on cracks and crevices, baseboards, storage areas, closets, doors, windows, and water pipes. You can also target pests underneath your refrigerator, stove, compartments, and other similar areas.
Ensure Safety by Calling the Trusted Pest Exterminators, the Go-Forth Pest Control
Take precautions in using all forms of insecticide. If you don’t follow instructions perfectly, it could cause food poisoning and damage to your property. The best way to ensure the efficiency of using insecticides is by calling a professional like Go-Forth Pest Control. This company offers top-rated strategies for pest management and extermination. The best part is they offer every method necessary without additional price. With their help, all you need to do is relax and let these experts get to work.
First, they examine your home and environment to determine what kind of pests they are dealing with. Afterward, they will ask you to prepare for the pest control procedures. Be sure to follow their instructions to avoid mishaps in the future. When everything is ready, that’s the time to administer highly effective methods of pest control. Contact that now for the ultimate pest control protection for the safety of your family.